The Man of Steel and the Dark Knight must work together to fend off a global threat.
December 25, 2014
- Bruce Wayne/Batman (Christian Bale) - tells Clark he gave the Government the Wayne Enterprises satellite Zod destroyed
- Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman (Henry Cavill)
- Alfred Pennyworth (Michael Caine)
- Lois Lane (Amy Adams)
- Perry White (Laurence Fishbourne)
- Steve Lombard (Michael Kelly)
- Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman)
- Jor-El (Russell Crowe)
- Thomas Wayne (Linus Roache)
- Martha Wayne (Sara Stewart)
- Brainiac (Hugo Weaving)
- Prof. Hugo Strange (Cirian Hinds)
Some thirty odd years ago, Thomas and Martha were traveling across the Midwest when they witnessed a glowing light falling from the sky into a nearby field. Thomas went to inspect the item and discovered a strange alien crystal. Upon physical contact with the artifact, his consciousness was transported through space and time to the planet Krypton. There, his astral self met Kryptonian scientist Jor-El. Jor-El explained to Thomas that the item he discovered was a Kryptonian probe, one of dozens that he had sent out throughout various yellow-sun star systems. He told Thomas of the pending destruction of Krypton and that he was searching for a suitable world in which to send his infant son Kal-El. Jor-El instantly developed a fondness and respect for Thomas Wayne and because of him determined that Earth was the perfect world to send his son. He then sent Wayne's subconscious mind back into his body on Earth.
Only a few months later, Thomas and his wife Martha gave birth to their only son, Bruce. Thomas never forgot his astral experience on Krypton and began writing a journal of his experiences. Still in possession of the Kryptonian probe, he reverse-engineered the technology and was able to use some of it to save Wayne Enterprises from bankruptcy. Nobody ever knew about the alien heritage from which the thriving company prospered from. Thomas was careful that his journal would never fall into the wrong hands, so he hid it in a secret grotto in the caverns beneath Wayne Manor. He always intended to give the journal to his son so that he might learn the truth about the family's legacy.
Years later in 2005, Bruce and Clark are both 33.
- This movie may have taken place 3 years after The Dark Knight, where Batman is still taken the fall for Harvey Dent's crimes. The year in this movie is 2005, while 5 years later is where the events of The Dark Knight Rises take place in 2010.
- Bruce and Clark are both 33 years old in this film.