The full story of Tom Marvolo Riddle, later know as Lord Voldemort. The story starts with a ten-minute introduction with Bob Ogden visiting the Gaunt's house, and then how Merope Gaunt fell in love with Tom Riddle Sr. and had Tom Riddle. The rest of the story goes on with Voldemort growing up, until his death at Hogwarts caused by Harry Potter.
The Story of VoldemortEdit
This is the story as explained in the Harry Potter books by J. K. Rowling. This is the base of the film, not the actual plot.
Tom Marvolo Riddle (31 December, 1926 – 2 May, 1998), later known as Voldemort, was a half-blood wizard and considered to be the most powerful Dark Wizard of all time. He was the son of wealthy Muggle Tom Riddle Senior, and witch Merope Gaunt, who died shortly after childbirth. He was the heir of Salazar Slytherin and was ordered to finish his work. Tom Riddle Sr. left his wife soon after she became pregnant with their son, having been released from the enchantment of a love potion which had started their relationship. Their son, Tom Marvolo Riddle, was born and raised in a Muggle orphanage, but eventually attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (1938-1945) and was sorted into Slytherin house. Tom Riddle was the most talented pupil to ever attend Hogwarts. To the school at large he appeared to be an exceedingly handsome and polite child. In reality, however, Riddle was cruel, arrogant, sadistic, manipulative, psychopathic and megalomaniacal. Having achieved outstanding grades in every examination he took, Riddle left Hogwarts and went on to a brief employment at Borgin and Burkes, before disappearing from public view completely.
Having embraced the Dark Arts he encountered in his travels, the former Tom Riddle, now known exclusively as Lord Voldemort, raised an enormous army comprised of followers he recruited both at school and afterwards, as well as many dark creatures. This army, known as the Death Eaters, began a campaign of terror and violence never before seen in Britain. After hearing half of a prophecy referring to a single being with the power to destroy him, Voldemort set off to kill Harry Potter, to whom he believed the prophecy referred. After murdering Harry's parents, Lily and James, Voldemort turned his wand upon the boy, but due to Lily Potter's loving sacrifice, Voldemort's curse backfired on him and his body was destroyed. Stripped of his physical form, Voldemort fled to a far-flung forest in Albania, to await the day when he could regain a body and return to power. After thirteen years of waiting that day would finally arrive, and with the use of Potter’s own blood, the Dark Lord rose again.
Although he initially laid low, Voldemort was soon forced into the open, and began his bloody conquest of the wizarding world anew. After two years of constant warfare, Voldemort finally gained control of the Ministry of Magic, and ruled relatively unopposed, save for a few pockets of resistance. Despite his hold over the country, Voldemort was still unsatisfied, as he had yet to remove the danger the prophecy presented to him. After learning of Potter's location, Voldemort set out to destroy the boy once and for all launching his entire amassed force against Hogwarts. Upon arriving at the school, Voldemort was met by a full scale rebellion of Hogwarts staff and students, along with the members of the Order of the Phoenix and the residents of Hogsmeade. As the battle progressed the Death Eaters were driven into the Great Hall, where Voldemort engaged Harry Potter in a duel, and, because all of his Horcruxes were destroyed, Tom Marvolo Riddle was finally killed once and for all.
- Tom Marvolo Riddle, aka Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes, Richard Bremmer, Frank Dillane, Hero Beauregard Fiennes-Tiffin and Christian Coulson) - this story is about Tom Riddle's life.
- Merope Gaunt (Chloë Moretz, Mia Wasikowska and Jennifer Saunders) - Tom Riddle's mother.
- Marvolo Gaunt (Stephen Fry) - Tom Riddle's grandfather, Merope Gaunt's mother.
- Tom Riddle Sr. (Skandar Keynes and Nathaniel Parker) - Tom Riddle's father, whom he later kills.
- Morfin Gaunt (Ben Barnes) - Tom Riddle's uncle, brother to Merope Gaunt.
- Mrs. Cole (Amelda Brown) - matron of the orphanage Tom Riddle grew up in.
- Albus Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) - one of Tom Riddle's teacher at Hogwarts, later his archenemy.
- Horace Slughorn (Jim Broadbent) - one of Tom Riddle's teacher at Hogwarts, gives Riddle information about Horcruxes.
- Lestrange (Edmond Blackstone) - "friend" of Tom Riddle during his Hogwarts years, later a Death Eater.
- Avery (Humphery Bartosik) - "friend" of Tom Riddle during his Hogwarts years, later a Death Eater.
- Severus Snape (Alan Rickman) - one of Voldemort's most important Death Eaters, tells Voldemort about the prophecy of Harry Potter, later killed by Voldemort.
- Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) - the only boy to have survived Voldemort's Killing Curse (twice), later kills Voldemort, and hereby ends the story.