This is a rules proposal for the Idea Wiki. Therefore, these rules does not apply, so you don't have to follow them.
Hi! WikiMan here to present a rules proposal for the other Idea Wiki a.k.a. "Swerty's Idea Wiki" ("Idea Wiki Classic" in the future). I made it because that wiki actually has no actual rules.
The complete rules set Edit
The rules would be as follows:
1. General rules Edit
- Common sense - All your ideas must have common sense. This is important, as it helps the Idea Wiki grow healthy. Ideas lacking common sense are likely to be deleted and their authors will get banned for 5 weeks.
- No innapropiate content - This wiki will not allow any kind of innapropiate content. If found, it will be removed, and the authors will get banned for 5 weeks.
- If possible, add a "Development Options" section. This allows you to present development options for others to consider and apply.
2. Ideas for Companies Edit
- You may add ideas for existing companies of any kind (e.g. supermarket chains, web services, retail store chains, etc.) as long as they have common sense.
- You may not add ideas for fake or imaginary companies, such as dream channels or websites. There can be exceptions, though.
3. Ideas for Gadgets and Instruments Edit
- You may add ideas for gadgets and instruments, such as consoles, guitars, drum kits, cellphones, etc.
4. Ideas for Services Edit
- You may add ideas for services of any kind, such as mobile apps, forums, websites.
5. Ideas for Fiction and Fanfiction works. Edit
- You may add ideas for fictional works in the form of movies, tv series, web series, etc, as long as they have common sense.
- Despite not being the best option, you can add your ideas for fanfiction-related works, such as web-series, comics, etc., as long as they have common sense.
- Don't add false information, such as "this series will premiere in...", "it will have three seasons" or "it will air on Cartoon Network (for example)". Infractors will get a one-week ban.
6. Images Edit
- If possible, add images to illustrate your idea. Just be sure it's entirely original.
- Don't steal images from other websites without credit. Infractors will get banned for 2 weeks.
Commentaries on some of these rules Edit
- "All your ideas must have common sense." - Carried over from the unfortunately invalid yet highly helpful policy of the Idea Wiki. If this rule applies, not only most of the "fanons", but also Deathgleaner's "Atomic Explosions that make Chocloate", would be pulled from the Idea Wiki.
- "You may add ideas for fictional works in the form of movies, tv series, web series, etc, as long as they have common sense." - With special emphasis on "common sense". XtranormalGeek's work would stay if the rule applies.
- "Don't add false information, such as 'this series will premiere in...', 'it will have three seasons' or 'it will air on Cartoon Network (for example)'." - This intends to address the "defictionalization" problem stated by TVTropes. This rule, when applied, would signify the drastic reduction of ideas there on the Idea Wiki.
- "Don't steal images from other websites without credit." - This is intended to counter a key part of the Idea Wiki's problem - images stolen from the internet. This may have a lasting effect: many images would be removed and the number of the editors at the IW would get drastically reduced to a few (maybe, maybbe not... who knows).
-  - This page states the problems of the Idea Wiki. One of its tropes is addressed by one of the rules above.