Madagascar 4: The Battle of Africa is the fourth and final installment of the Madagascar film series.
After being shipped into Madagascar, visiting Africa, and preforming around Europe, Alex, Marty, Gloria, Melman and their new circus friends go on one final adventure, as they reunite with Alex's parents and face a dangerous foe.
It's been a year since Alex, Marty, Gloria and Melman left Africa. One night, nine lions are pursuing a rogue lion in a gorge on the reserve after they were separated from the rest of their pack after a rock slide. The other four lions from the pack corner the rogue in a den until they are surrounded by red eyes in the dark. The eyes belong to other rogue lions and the good lions are brutally attacked offscreen. When the other 9 lions get there, they are too late. Then, on top of the gorge, they see Dingane (Hugo Weaving) and his pack. Bomani appears with scratches and informs Zuba and Florrie of Dingane, much to their surprise.
In the present, Alex, Marty, Gloria, Melman, the Penguins and Circus Zaragoza are about to take their next tour to Africa, as they had just finished their exciting performance in Cairo, Egypt. One night, Alex & Gia are outside, on top of a train and see the moon. Alex & Gia kiss. That morning, before their next show begins in Kenya, the Penguins have to stop the train to fix the train tracks with a little help from the Chimps for six hours. Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria meet with their new friends on the wildlife reserve and find a place to practice their new acts for their performance in Dar es Salaam, where they'll meet the Asian promoter who will give them an asian tour contract. Other circus animals are watching while Alex and Gia are doing trapeze, Zuba and Florrie are amazed to see Alex doing trapeze. On the ground and next to the train, Alex and Gia stop. The other circus animals hear clapping and they see Zuba and Florrie clapping for Alex and Gia. When Alex sees them he climbs down and gives them a hug. Alex tell the others circus animals to come meet his parents. At the celebration for Alex's return, Marty shows Esmeralda, Esperanza and Ernestina the other Zebras. Gloria and Melman teach Stephen and the other Giraffes to Dance on a tightrope. Florrie asks Alex who's his pretty friend is, and he introduces Gia to his parents and to the whole pride. One night, after Teetsi gets banished by Zuba, a cheetah named Ace hears that Zuba's son has return to pay a visit. Meanwhile, Alex, Gia and his parents are talking until Alex's uncle comes for Zuba. Alex meets his uncle. His uncle says he hasn't seen his nephew in days. Alex ask his uncle meet Gia, the jaguar who's Alex's Girlfriend. The uncle reports to his brother that there has been another incident.
Elsewhere, a depressed Teetsi wonders through the wasteland. He is jumped on by Masoba, who starts questioning him. Teetsi reveals that Alex and his friends have returned, along with their circus friends. Masoba is surprised that Alekay has returned and tells Teetsi to come with him. As they go through the territory, every rogue lion recognizes Teetsie. Then red eyes emerged, out come Gakere and Sundiata, along with 2 silhouetted figures, Dingane and Shetani. Dingane starts to tease Teetsi about him being rematched by Alex and humiliated by him and banished for making Zuba look like a fool.
Alex and the guys are celebrating, when a lion reports of Teetsi's death by Dingane. Alex asks who Dingane is, Zuba tells the story: When Alex and his friends left Africa, during the rite of passage ceremony, Dingane opposed Zuba about not banishing Alakey, but Zuba didn't care what he thought about Alex and warned him to stand down. Outraged, Dingane assaulted Zuba in front of the pride and Florrie.While they fought, Zuba swiped Dingane in the face, scaring both his eyes and turning his eye color from green to red. Zuba manage to defeat him. Soon after that, Zuba banished him from the pride in addition of shaving his mane off in shame. Ever since his banishment, he and other rogue lions have been savagely killing animals and lions on the reserve and have been hunting humans off the reserve. Meanwhile, Dingane tells his pack to be ready to hunt down Alex and the pride. Lefu however starts laughing and says "Dingane your pride banished you!" Dingane gets angry at this and says "Anyone who mocks me will see their end." The next day Lefu mysteriously disappears. Dingane then goes and tells his remaining lions not to mock him. Then Dingane reveals his full plot for revenge.
Dingane creates plans to kill Alex and Zuba and become the new leader of the pride. The pack and Dingane go out to find them but they can't and Dingane calls his pack "unfaithful servants''. Later, Alex and his friend create a plan to stop Dingane. His parents smile and the circus animals cheer. The Rouge Lions emerge out of the darkness. Dingane attacks Alex while Zuba goes to help the others with the plan. Alex meets Dingane in a final battle. Alex falls to the ground and Dingane attempts to throw him off the cliff but Alex pushes him away. The two lions jump at each other and lightning crashes. Meanwhile the circus animals and Alex's other friends find a group of people on the reserve. In their midst is nana. The circus animals lour the humans towards the fight. Suddenly, the people and the circus animals come out of the bushes. Dingane is about to deliver the killing blow but Nana sees the evil Dingane and starts to repeatedly hit him with her purse saying, ''Bad Kitty, Bad Kitty!'' He steps backwards into the trap and is wrapped into a net. He struggles but can't get out. ''Sorry Dingane.'' Alex says. The penguins knock Dingane out and put him in a crate. They then ship him and all of the bad lions to New york where they are put into the New Nork zoo to entertain the people. ''Curse you Alex!'' Dingane yells. Meanwhile back in Africa, some of the Rogue lions run away never to return and some rejoin the pride. Alex and the circus put on an amazing performance. Alex becomes loyal to the pride before returning home. He and his friends say goodbye and get on their plane to leave. It flashes forward and Alex and Gia are married and have a male liguar cub.(A lion and Jaguar hybrid.)
Characters and CastEdit
List of Madagascar 4 characters
- Ben Stiller as Alex the Lion: the main protagonist of the film
- Chris Rock as Marty the Zebra: a protagonist of the film
- Jada Pinkett Smith as Gloria the Hippo: a protagonist of the film
- David Schwimmer as Melman The Giraffe: a protagonist of the film
- Bryan Cranston as Vitaly the Tiger
- Jessica Chastain as Gia the Jaguar: Alex's girlfriend/wife
- Martin Short as Stefano the Sea Lion
- Tom McGrath as Skipper the penguin
- Chris Miller as Kowalski the penguin
- Christopher Knight as Private the penguin
- John DiMaggio as Rico the penguin
- Sacha Baron Cohen as King Julien XIII the lemur
- Cedric the Entertainer as Maurice the lemur
- Andy Richter as Mort the lemur
- Conrad Vernon as Mason
- Frank Welker as Sonya the Bear
- Paz Vega as Esmeralda, Esperanza and Ernestina the circus horses
- as Jonesy the dogs
- as Frankie the dogs
- as Freddie the dogs
- Bill Fagerbakke as Ted the Polar Bear
- Samuel L. Jackson as Zuba
- Sherrie Sheperd as Florrie
- Elisa Gabrielli as Nana
These are a new cast of characters. This features reptile characters
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Rodney the Saltwater Crocodile: A saltwater crocodile Alex and the gang encountered in India, In the end he join the circus.
- Joseph Siravo and Seth Rogen as Stan and Jasper the Black Caiman brothers: A couple of caimans that are friends of Rodney as they hang out all the time. They join Alex and the gang. In the end, they both join the circus with Rodney.
- Bobcat Goldthwait as Sid the Reticulated Python: A snake from India. In the end, he joins Circus Zaragoza .
- Cee Lo Green as Ezekiel the Orangutan: A Orangutan in Sumatra
- Piolo Pascual as Brownie the Askal dog: A street dog that later joins Circus Zaragoza.
- Adam Sandler as Jacob the Komodo Dragon: A big lizard from island of Komodo.
- Julia Roberts as Catherine the White Tigress: Lives in India and become as Vitaly's love interest who comes along to get to know him
- Pitbull as Gustave: A Nile Crocodile who lives in India and joins Circus Zaragoza in the end
- Jennifer Lopez, Regina King, Grey DeLisle and Christina Applegate as the Peacocks: Four female colorful peacocks that Alex, Gloria and the Penguins met in India
- Jim Cummings as Bomani: Alex's Uncle and Zuba's brother
- Patrick Warburton as Ron the Leopard
- Jamie Foxx as Munro the Gorilla
- Hugo Weaving as Dingane the lion: The main antagonist of the film. He's a lion with two scars over his eyes and a spiky mane. In the end, he and Alex have an epic battle similar to Simba and Scar's, and it ends with him and Shetani being killed by Saltwater Crocodiles and hyenas
- Christine Adams as Shetani: The secondary antagonist, She's a sadistic lioness who joins Dingane's plan to kill Alex and Zuba
- Fred Tatasciore as Teetsi
- Andy Dick as Gakere
- Ron Pearlman as Masoba
- Jeffrey Garcia as Sundiata
- Nicholas Cage as Jake the Wolf
- Tom Kenny as Ace the Cheetah and Sekayi the Hyena
- Alain Chabat as Sekai the bearded vulture
- Eddie Gossling as Scraw the griffin vulture
- Alejandro Luis as Dickie the Philippine Eagle
- Ashley Greene as kesha the Hyena
- Kunal Nayyar as Nidhiki the baboon
- John Polito as Khalfani the Hyena
- Diedrick Bader as Lefu the Hyena
- Gary Sinise as Gazini the Hyena
November 28, 2016
- I Like to Move It: Perfomed by Sacha Baron Cohen and Cee Lo Green ft with Jamie Foxx
- Africa: Performed by Toto
- Firework: Performed by Katy Perry
- We R Who We R: Performed by Kesha
- Turn Me On: Performed by David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj
- Everytime We Touch: Performed by Cascada. Alex and Gia love song.
- Runaway Baby: Preformed by Bruno Mars
- 22: Peformed by Taylor Swift
- Wonderland: Peformed by Natalia Kills
- Be Ready: Peformed by Hugo Weaving
- All The Things She Said: Performed by Tatu
- I Hate Everything About You: Performed by Three Days Graces Song Jake
- A Thousand years: Performed by Christina Perri
In December 2010, DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg stated that there is likely to be a fourth installment to the series. However, in June 2012, DreamWorks Animation's head of worldwide marketing, Anne Globe, said, "It's too early to tell. There hasn't been a lot of discussion about that." Eric Darnell, who co-directed all three films, said of the possibility of the fourth film: "Two things have to happen. One is that the world has to want Madagascar 4, because if they don't want it, it doesn't matter what we do. And the other thing is even if the world wants Madagascar 4, we have to make sure that we have an idea that is incredible, that is great, that is unexpected.
In July 2014 it was confirmed that Madagascar 4 will be released in 2015. In an interview with Chris Rock, (the voice of Marty), the actor confirmed that the film would be in 2016 because of a typo and would be directed by Eric Darnell and Tom McGrath.
Later, Tom McGrath confirmed that the film will be released on November 28, 2016 in 3-D again.
- Is the second Madagascar movie to be released in 3D.