Madagascar 4: The Battle of Africa is the fourth and final installment of the Madagascar film series.
After being shipped into Madagascar, visiting Africa, preforming around Europe, and saving the world from an evil octopus, Alex, Marty, Gloria, Melman, the Penguins, king Julien, Maurice, Mort and their new circus friends go on one final adventure, as they reunite with Alex's parents and face a dangerous foe.
Characters and CastEdit
List of Madagascar 4 characters
- Ben Stiller as Alex the Lion: the main protagonist of the film
- Chris Rock as Marty the Zebra: a protagonist of the film
- Jada Pinkett Smith as Gloria the Hippo: a protagonist of the film
- David Schwimmer as Melman The Giraffe: a protagonist of the film
- Bryan Cranston as Vitaly the Tiger
- Jessica Chastain as Gia the Jaguar: Alex's girlfriend/wife
- Martin Short as Stefano the Sea Lion
- Tom McGrath as Skipper the penguin
- Chris Miller as Kowalski the penguin
- Christopher Knight as Private the penguin
- John DiMaggio as Rico the penguin
- Sacha Baron Cohen as King Julien XIII the lemur
- Cedric the Entertainer as Maurice the lemur
- Andy Richter as Mort the lemur
- Conrad Vernon as Mason
- Frank Welker as Sonya the Bear
- Paz Vega as Esmeralda, Esperanza and Ernestina the circus horses
- Fred Walker as Jonesy the dogs
- Fred Walker as Frankie the dogs
- Fred Walker as Freddie the dogs
- Bill Fagerbakke as Ted the Polar Bear
- James Caan as Zuba
- Sherrie Sheperd as Florrie
- Elisa Gabrielli as Nana
These are a new cast of characters. This features reptile characters
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Rodney the Saltwater Crocodile: A saltwater crocodile Alex and the gang encountered in India, In the end he join the circus.
- Joseph Siravo and Seth Rogen as Stan and Jasper the Black Caiman brothers: A couple of caimans that are friends of Rodney as they hang out all the time. They join Alex and the gang. In the end, they both join the circus with Rodney.
- Bobcat Goldthwait as Sid the Reticulated Python: A snake from India. In the end, he joins Circus Zaragoza .
- Cee Lo Green as Ezekiel the Orangutan: A Orangutan in Sumatra
- Piolo Pascual as Brownie the Askal dog: A street dog that later joins Circus Zaragoza.
- Adam Sandler as Jacob the Komodo Dragon: A big lizard from island of Komodo.
- Julia Roberts as Catherine the White Tigress: Lives in India and become as Vitaly's love interest who comes along to get to know him
- Pitbull as Gustave: A Nile Crocodile who lives in India and joins Circus Zaragoza in the end
- Jennifer Lopez, Regina King, Grey DeLisle and Christina Applegate as the Peacocks: Four female colorful peacocks that Alex, Gloria and the Penguins met in India
- Patrick Warburton as Pops, a paralyzed laid-back dachshund That King Julien Maurice Mort Marty and Melman Met In Southern Africa
- Hannibal Buress as Bomani: Alex's Uncle and Zuba's brother
- Louis C.K. as Ron the Leopard
- Jamie Foxx as Munro the Gorilla
- Hugo Weaving as Dingane the lion: The main antagonist of the film. He's a lion with two scars over his eyes and a spiky mane. In the end, he and Alex have an epic battle similar to Simba and Scar's, and it ends with him and Shetani being killed by Saltwater Crocodiles and hyenas
- Christine Adams as Shetani: The secondary antagonist, She's a sadistic lioness who joins Dingane's plan to kill Alex and Zuba
- Fred Tatasciore as Teetsi
- Andy Dick as Gakere
- Ron Pearlman as Masoba
- Jeffrey Garcia as Sundiata
- Nicholas Cage as Jake the Wolf
- Tom Kenny as Ace the Cheetah
- Steve Martin as Sekayi the Hyena
- Alain Chabat as Sekai the bearded vulture
- Eddie Gossling as Scraw the griffin vulture
- Alejandro Luis as Dickie the Philippine Eagle
- Ashley Greene as kesha the Hyena
- Kunal Nayyar as Nidhiki the baboon
- John Polito as Khalfani the Hyena
- Diedrick Bader as Lefu the Hyena
- Gary Sinise as Gazini the Hyena
November 28, 2053
- I Like to Move It: Perfomed by Sacha Baron Cohen and Cee Lo Green ft with Jamie Foxx
- Africa: Performed by Toto
- Firework: Performed by Katy Perry
- We R Who We R: Performed by Kesha
- Turn Me On: Performed by David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj
- Everytime We Touch: Performed by Cascada. Alex and Gia love song.
- Figaro: Performed By Sacha Baron Cohen
- Runaway Baby: Preformed by Bruno Mars
- 22: Peformed by Taylor Swift
- Wonderland: Peformed by Natalia Kills
- Be Ready: Peformed by Hugo Weaving
- All The Things She Said: Performed by Tatu
- I Hate Everything About You: Performed by Three Days Graces Song Jake
- A Thousand years: Performed by Christina Peryoung hearts run free
In December 2010, DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg stated that there is likely to be a fourth installment to the series. However, in June 2012, DreamWorks Animation's head of worldwide marketing, Anne Globe, said, Eric Darnell, who co-directed all three films, said of the possibility of the fourth film: "Two things have to happen. One is that the world has to want Madagascar 4, because if they don't want it, it doesn't matter what we do. And the other thing is even if the world wants Madagascar 4, we have to make sure that we have an idea that is incredible, that is great, that is unexpected.
In July 2014 it was confirmed that Madagascar 4 will be released in 2015. In an interview with Chris Rock, the actor confirmed that the film would be in 2016 because of a typo and would be directed by Eric Darnell and Tom McGrath.
Later, Tom McGrath confirmed that the film will be released on November 28, 2016 in 3-D again.
- This Is the second Madagascar movie to be released in 3D.