After being shipped into Madagascar, heading to Africa, and going around Europe, Alex, Marty, Gloria, Melman and their new circus friends go on one new adventure, life begins to change for Alex and his friends, Alex and his new wife Gia are expecting a baby, which leaves Alex anxious to ensure that everything is perfect for when his baby arrives. He eventually leaves the herd. Marty begins to wish for a family of his own, and so steals some dinosaur eggs which leads to Marty ending up in an underground world where dinosaurs roam free, and where his herd must rescue him, while dodging dinosaurs and facing danger left and right, and meeting up with a weasel known as Buck who hunts dinosaurs intently and has a mammal chauvinism.
After a year since Alex, Marty, Gloria and Melman left Africa, on one night, nine lions where pursuing a rogue lion in a gorge on the reserve after they were seperated from another group after a rock slide and the other four cornered him in a den until they are surrounded by red eyes in the dark, which were other rogue lion and brutally attack them offscreen. When the other loins got there, they were too late they see their friends killed in horror the on top of the gorge, they see Dingane (Hugo Weaving) and other lions with him on to of the gorge and left, Bomani appears with scratches and informs Zuba and Florrie of Dingane, much to their shock.
In the present, Alex, Marty, Gloria, Melman, the Penguins and Circus Zaragoza are taking their next tour in africa, as they just finished their exciting preformance in Cairo, Egypt. One night, Alex & Gia are outside top of a train see a moon Alex & Gia kiss on lips that monring then as their next show begin in Kenya until the Penguins have to stop the train when they have fix the train tracks with a little help of the Chimps for six hours. Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria show their new friends on the wildlife reserve and a place to practice their new acts for their performance in Dar es Salaam, where they'll meet the Asian promoter who will give them the asian tour contract. Other circus animals are watching while Alex and Gia are doing trapeze, Zuba and Florrie are amazed seeing Alex doing trapeze on the ground and next to a the train and Alex and Gia stop The other circus animals hear clapping and they saw Zuba and Florrie clapping at Alex and Gia when Alex saw them he climbs down and gives them a hug for missing them.
Alex tell the others circus animals to meet Alex's parents as call for a celebration on Alex' return, Marty showed Esmeralda, Esperanza and Ernestina the other Zebras, Gloria and Melman practices Stephen and the other Giraffes to Dance on a tight rope, Florrie asks Alex who's his pretty friend, and he introduced Gia to his parents and to the whole pride that Zuba's son has finally found himself a woman from Europe. Gia became Zuba and Florrie's daughter-in-law then Alex just told them that they're not married yet...but soon one night, after Teetsi get banished by Zuba, cheetah named Ace hear that Zuba's son has return and pay for a visit, Meanwhile Alex, Gia and his parents had night talk an Alex's uncle came for Zuba, Alex meet his uncle he never see his nephew in days Alex ask his uncle meet Gia is a jaguar who's Alex's Girlfriend also he reports to his brother that there has been another incident. Behinde the tree is Ron a lazy leopard, Ron meet Gia and ask her then Alex came over see him Alex & Ron are old friends a long time ago.
Elsewhere, a depressed Teetsi wonders through the wastelad he was jumped by Masoba, who starts interigating him "Hey Teetsi, long time no see", Teetsi reveals that Alex and his friends returned, along with the circus friends being introduced, Masoba was surprised that Alekay has returned and tells Teetsi to come with him. As go through the territory, every rogue lion recognizes Teetsie Dingane and the other, s, then red eyes emerged, out came Gakere and Sundyata, along with 2 silhoutted figures (Dingane and Shetani), Dingane starts to great Teetsi about him being banished for making Zuba look like a fool to Makunga, In which order enough before Teesti called him "sir" Dingane says "Do you know what death is" "Um.. no sir" "It's about an act of vengeance, as I've through of suffering and humiliation". Dingane was standing down to the nation of a lions. Teesti tries to wrecked anything they have. Dingane says "Well only it's a Violation or cell" Teesti says "That we're just need to avoid that judge". Dingane tries to play around like he seem to care saying "Try not to mock me or defeat me if you handle that boss".
Alex and the guys were celebrating, when a lion reports of Teetsi' heading into the wastelands, by Dingane, Alex asks who Dingane is, Zuba tells the story: When Alex and his friends left africa, during the rite of passage ceremony, Dingani opposed Zuba about not banishing Alakey, but Zuba doesn't care what he thinks about Alex and warn him to stand down. Outraged, Dingane assaulted Zuba infront of the pride and Florrie, while they fought, Zuba swiped Dingani in the face, scaring both his eyes turning his eye color from green to red. and Zuba manage to defeat him. Soon after that, Zuba banishes him from the pride in addition of shaving his mane off in shame. Ever since banishment, he and other rogue lions have been savagely killing animals, lions on the reserve and been hunting humans off the reserve. Dingane tells his hyenas and other outcasts to be ready to hunt down Alex and the pride. Lefu however starts laughing and says "Dingane your pride banished you" Khalfani gets angry at this and says "Lefu, keep your jaw shut, will ya! You was sayin' Dingane?" . lt then shows Dinganes full plot for the lions while he sings. then one of the Vultures reporting to Dingane that Alakay and his friends are leaving the reserve. Dingane now want to kill Alakay first and then Zuba.
Later Alex Marty, Gloria, Melman, Gia, Stefano, Vitaly and Circus Zaragoza return to thetrain to see if the Penguins ad finished the repaires when they see Ron following them and he ask if he could join the party.
Few years Later, Alex along with Zuba, Florrie, Gia, and all of the cubs with Gia's parents dancing around The celebration of Alex's return of enjoying the circus. After their fun. Gia was now enjoying the African life with Alex dancing around the Africa trampoline of trapeze. Zuba met Mrs Kafanrol (Miriam Margoyles), Alex's teacher, whose husband who with Zuba's brother Bomani was killed by Dingane, is very pleased of his student dancing a circus leopard. Giovanni is so proud of Gia and forgives Alex. Zuba says "Well Alex it looks like we're enjoy there new life in Africa you were dancing and fighting the enemy you were a good son and a leader" and Alex says "Thanks dad". Meanwhile, Gloria, Gustave, Bridget, Munro, Janeet and Stefano performed a circus show. Dingane who is not a rouge lion anymore, wears a mask down his face that recovered his scars and a long cape on his back performing the new song "Pretty Lion" after their performance. Everyone is pleased with a new circus Shakespeare song.
Meanwhile, Gia and Alex enjoy a love connection in Africa when they retrieve understood about this. Alex was ready for a surprise. The Rouge Lions attacked Gia but Alex rescue her and scares off The Rouge Lions. Everyone in Africa including Melman heard good news that Alex rescue Gia, in which order tried to bring any more restraining. Zuba says "My son rescue my daughter-in-law" and Giovanni says "Africa will rise up and taking their stand".
That night, Dingane tries to provoke that no one notice that everything's different. Teesti growls happy and mentally. Dingane was pleased of Teesti. Later, Melman and Gloria were having a relaxing on a reserve.
Characters and CastEdit
List of Madagascar 4 characters
- Ben Stiller as Alex the Lion: the main protagonist of the film. In the end, In the end he and Gia are married and a few years later, they have a male liguar cub, a lion and jaguar hybrid.
- Chris Rock as Marty the Zebra: the deuteragonist of the film.
- Jada Pinkett Smith as Gloria the Hippo: the tritagonist of the film.
- David Schwimmer as Melman The Giraffe: the secondary tritagonist of the film.
- Bryan Cranston as Vitaly the Tiger
- Jessica Chastain as Gia the Jaguar: Alex's girlfriend. In the end, she and Alex kissed each other on the lips as they been married in africa front of Zuba and Florrie
- Martin Short as Stefano the Sea Lion
- Tom McGrath as Skipper:
- Chris Miller as Kowalski:
- Christopher Knight as Private:
- John DiMaggio as Rico: Now has scar and mohak
- Sacha Baron Cohen as King Julien XIII:
- Cedric the Entertainer as Maurice:
- Andy Richter as Mort:
- Conrad Vernon as Mason (Phil unvoiced):
- Frank Welker as Sonya the Bear
- Paz Vega as Esmeralda, Esperanza and Ernestina:
- as Jonesy
- as Frankie
- as Freddie
- Bill Fagerbakke as Ted the Polar Bear
- Samuel L. Jackson as Zuba:
- Sherrie Sheperd as Florrie
- Elisa Gabrielli as Nana
These are a new cast of characters. This features reptile characters
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Rodney the Saltwater Crocodile: A saltwater crocodile Alex and the gang encountered in India, In the end he joins the circus.
- Jon Lovitz and Seth Rogen as Stan and Jasper the Black Caiman brothers: A couple of caimans that are friends of Rodney as they hangout all the time. They joined with Alex and the gang, In the end, they both joined the circus with Rodney.
- Bernardo De Paula as Sid the Reticulated Python: A snake from India, In the end, he joins Circus Zaragoza.
- Cee Lo Green as Ezekiel the Orangutan: A jazzy Orangutan in Sumatra, In the end.
- Adam Sandler as Jacob the Komodo Dragon: A street lizard from island of Komodo who lives in the streets, In the end.
- Queen Latifah as Catherine the White Tigress: Lives in India and become as Vitaly's love interest who cames along to get to know him, In the end.
- Pitbull as Gustave: A Nile Crocodile who lives in India and joins Circus Zaragoza in the end.
- Jennifer Lopez, Nicki Minaj, Elizabeth Banks and Mindy Kaling as the Peacocks: Four female colorful peacocks that Alex, Gloria and the Penguins met in India, In the end.
- Jim Cummings as Bomani: Alex's Uncle and Zuba's brother.
- Patrick Warburton as Ron the Leopard
- Susan Sarandon as Mrs Kafanrol: Alex's teacher and Zuba's Grandma.
- Jamie Foxx as Munro the Gorilla
- Nathan Lane as Dan the Meerkat
- Ernie Sabella as Tom the Warthog
- Bernando De Paula as Phillip the Hornbill
- Rowan Atkinson as Folgar the Anteater
- Hugo Weaving as Dingane the lion: The main antagonist of the film. He's a lion with two scars over his eyes and his mane is shaved off, which eventually grew back in a spikier way. In the end, he and Alex have an epic battle similar to Simba and Scar's, and it ended with him and Shetani being chased by SaltwaterCrocodiles
- Randall Thom as Shetani: The secondary antagonist, She's a sadistic lioness who joins Dingane's plan to kill Alex and Zuba
- Liam Neeson as Roazi: Dingane's boss who plans to threaten the pride.
- John DiMaggio as Teetsi: The tertiary antagonist.
- Andy Dick as Gakere: The fourth antagonist.
- Carlos Ponce as Masoba: The fifth antagonist
- Kunal Nayyar as Sundyata: The sixth antagonist
- Peter Dinklage as Jake the Wolf Black and White: The seventh antagonist
- Alan Tudyk as Ace the Cheetah, Sekayi the Hyena
- Alain Chabat as Sekai the bearded vulture
- Eddie Izzard as Scraw the griffin vulture
- Al Roker as Dickie the Philippine Eagle
- Debra Missing as kesha the Hyena
- Sean Hayes as Nidhiki the baboon
- John Polito as Khalfani the Hyena
- Diedrick Bader as Lefu the Hyena
- Gary Sinise as Gazini the Hyena
- Tom Hardy as Klark the Wildebeast
- Seth Meyers as Smuk the Wildebeast
- Mel Gibson as Frank the Wildebeast
- Brad Pitt as Thom the Wildebeast
- Nat Wolff as Bill the Greenland Shark
- Christain Bale as Carl the Water Buffalo
- Matt Damon as Donovan the SaltwaterCrocodile
- Jude Law as Sullivan the SaltwaterCrocodile
- Kurt Russell and Wyat Russell as other SaltwaterCrocodiles
- Oliver Hudson as Zim the Pitohoui
- Robert Hoffman as Greg the African wild dog
- Channing Tatum as John the Boa Constrictor.
- Roger Moore as Marcus the African Harrier Hawk.
- Irdis Elba as Treein the Alligator.
May 18, 2018
- I Like to Move It: Perfomed by Sacha Baron Cohen and Cee Lo Green ft with Jamie Foxx
- Africa: Performed by Toto
- Firework: Performed by Katy Perry
- The Flame: Performed by Cheap Trick
- Rebirthing: Performed by the Christian Rock Band Skillet
- We R Who We R: Performed by Kesha
- Turn Me On: Performed by David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj
- Everytime We Touch: Performed by Cascada. Alex and Gia love song.
- Runaway Baby: Preformed by Bruno Mars
- 22: Peformed by Taylor Swift
- Wonderland: Peformed by Natalia Kills
- Crash and Burn: Peformed by Savage Garden
- Be Ready:Preformed by Hugo Weaving
- Hakuna Mahelping:Preformed by Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella
- Safe and Sound: Performed by Capital Cities
- I Hate Everything About You: Performed by Three Days Graces Song Jake
- A Thousand years: Performed by Christina Perri
- My Heart Will Go On: Performed by Celine Dion
In December 2010, DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg stated that there is likely to be a fourth installment to the series. However, in June 2012, DreamWorks Animation's head of worldwide marketing, Anne Globe, said, "It's too early to tell. There hasn't been a lot of discussion about that." Eric Darnell, who co-directed all three films, said of the possibility of the fourth film: "Two things have to happen. One is that the world has to want Madagascar 4, because if they don't want it, it doesn't matter what we do. And the other thing is even if the world wants Madagascar 4, we have to make sure that we have an idea that is incredible, that is great, that is unexpected.
In July 2014 it was confirmed that Madagascar 4 will be released in 2015. In an interview with Chris Rock, (the voice of Marty), the actor confirmed that the film would be in 2016 because of a typo and would be directed by Eric Darnell and Tom McGrath.
Later, Tom McGrath confirmed that the film will be released on November 28, 2016 in 3-D again.
- Is the second Madagascar movie to be released in 3D.
- Altough Zuba and Florrie will appear in this fourth film.
- This is the first Dreamworks film to Star Hugo Weaving.
- Marty will hopefully find his own love intrest.