Kong: The Animated Series remake is based on the original TV series from 2000.
Kong: The Animated Series is set after the events of the 1933 movie, many years later as evidenced by the presence of computers and other technological advancements, though it is never explicitly stated. In the opening four-part episode “Jungle Fury”, a brilliant female scientist named Dr. Lorna Jenkins takes DNA samples from Kong’s body and creates a clone of him. Dr. Jenkins is able to do this through researching genetic manipulation, with the implied aid of a collection of ancient, powerful artifacts called the Primal Stones (which are part of the same island home the original Kong came from). While still in his infancy, this new Kong is befriended by Dr. Jenkin’s young grandson, Jason.
The Series continuesEdit
The series follows the further adventures of Jason and Kong, who are aided by Tann, Dr. Jenkins and Lua in their battles against De la Porta and his henchmen Omar, Frazetti, Giggles, Tiger Lucy, Bradford Stone, Giovanni, Bejamin and the twins, Kazou and Severn Chang
- Kong (David Sobolov): He is the genetically engineered clone of the original King Kong created by Lorna Jenkins by using the DNA of the deceased original Kong and from her grandson's DNA. Because of that, he has a younger brother relationship with Jason. He is known as The Protector, using his strength and the Primal Stones to protect the world from the demon Chrios. Through the use of the Cyber-Link, Jason can combine with Kong and when angry can grow to twice his size to become Mega Kong. Both have strong wills so Kong can only stay in Jason, or vice versa, for a short period of time before causing each other harm. He has heightened instincts, able to tell if something is wrong or if someone is not who they say they are, however because he cannot speak the others assume he is overreacting
- Jason Jenkins (Josh Keaton):The orphaned grandson of Dr. Lorna Jenkins and "older brother" to Kong. With his DNA, Lorna was able to clone Kong after the original died from falling from the Empire State Building. He is an archeology major in college and best friend to classmates Tann, Sam and Kate. He is also a high level martial artist. After being tricked by Da La Porta and losing the Primal Stones Jason, along with Tann, Lua and Kong searches for them all over the world while thwarting De La Porta's attempts of activating them for evil purposes. It is obvious Jason has feelings for Lua.
- Eric “Tann” Tannenbaum IV (Scot McNeil): Best friend to Jason and fellow college student. Though he is very muscular he is a kind person who will go out of the way to help his friends. He also takes martial arts and trains with Jason, but is not as good as Jason as he was not accepted to a martial arts tournament. His parents are very wealthy and he always likes to buy new gadgets which often become very useful later on.With the trut fund his grandfather left him, he is wealthier than his parents. He is an accomplished pilot, always seen flying a plane (or any other vehicle). He has a strong love for pizza, and is often seen eating it with pineapple as a topping. He often states his toes are itchy if he believes something bad is about to happen (albeit it could also be an allergic reaction to pineapple pizzas).
- Sam Travers (Roger Craig Smith): Best friend to Jason and fellow college student.
- Kate Stratas (Laura Bailey): A . She's an attractive, lithe and beautiful young woman who has long black hair, dark complexion an brown eyes. who wears tight a tight, blue-black bodysuit.
- Elena Darrow (Cindy Robinson): The great grandaughter of Anne Darrow and Jack Driscoll who lives in New York City. She reminds Kong of Anne Darrow most of the time. A capable martial artist and scientist. Revealed to be able with empathy.
- Tucker Baxman (Bumper Robinson):
- Dr. Lorna Jenkins : A scientist who is Jason's grandmother and the one who cloned Kong. She is in the midst of researching the different species on Kong Island as well as the Primal Stones when Da La Porta steals them in the first episode. During the missions she stays back on the island giving information from her research lab in a hidden cave with . She is able to help the team with her vast amount of friends in the archeological world to get the information they need.
- Lua (Cree Summer): The female shaman of Kong Island and Jason's love interest. She knows many secrets on Kong Island and helps Dr. Jenkins with her research as she knows Dr. Jenkins only wishes to help. She takes her position very seriously even though she is only at the beginning level, keeping the Island secrets from the group and several times risking her life
- Chondar: A Sabre-Tooth cat and Lua's pet.
- Kip: Chondar's cub
- Professor Ramon De La Porta (Mike Pollock): One of the principle antagonists of the series. He and his men tried to steal scientific secrets from Lorna Jenkins. An encounter with Jason and Kong resulted in him accidentally getting his right hand into a hot chemical when trying to reach for his gun. He and his henchmen escaped and twenty years later, Ramon gets a job as a professor at the university which Jason and Tann attend. He is shown wearing gloves with one of them hiding a cybernetic hand to replace the one he lost. When Lorna Jenkins sends an e-mail to her grandson, Ramon hacks into it to make it say that he should be invited as well. Once on Kong Island, Ramon reveals himself to Dr. Jenkins as he steals one of the Cyber-Links and merges with Lua's smilodon Chon-Dar. Kong fends Ramon off, but he does managed to kidnap Dr. Jenkins in order for her to lead her to the Primal Stones When Ramon discovers the temple where the Primal Stones are, he manages to steal them even when defeating Kong while merged with a giant snake. Jason manages to recover two from him. During the series, Ramon uses the Primal Stones for his own purposes in different locations, even modifying the Cyber-Links he stole to merge with anything that resembles an animal or merge with two animals to form a hybrid.
- Omar (Kevin Michael Richardson): A tall African American and De La Porta's second in command.
- Frazetti (Jason Harris): A muscular man with a blonde cow-lick hairstyle and De La Porta's third in command
- Giggles (John DiMaggio): A large fat man with a bushy moustache and De La Porta's weapons specialist. Throughout the series, Giggles has used the Cyber-Link to merge with a Komodo dragon, a saltwater crocodile, a harpy eagle, a tarantula, a coyote, a Smilodon statue at the La Brea Tar Pits, a Stegosaurus, a black rhinoceros, a bulldog, a tiger shark, and a marine iguana.
- Tiger Lucy (Jennifer Hale): An art dealer that once helped Tann's parents and seemed to grow a crush on Tann. However, she later teams up with De La Porta and is complicit in many of his schemes, acting as his fourth in command. She does not care what he wants to do as long as she gets paid. She used the Cyber-Link to become a monstrous cat, to merge with her own pet cat
- Bradford Stone (Fred Tatasciore): A tall thug with a three clawed scar over his right side of his face
- Giovanni (Steven Blum)
- Benjamin (Patrick Seitz impersonating Christopher Walken):
- Kazou and Severn Chang (Andrew Kishino and Kelly Hu):
- Chiros (Miguel Ferrer): One of the principal antagonists of the series. He was once a Shaman who sought more power and tried to steal the Primal Stones and was ultimately transformed into an ancient demon who was sealed away by the original Kong and his shaman companion long ago. After De La Porta steals some of the Primal Stones, Chiros is slowly released from his imprisonment. Unable to leave where he is imprisoned, he usually has Harpy handle some jobs he gives her. To combat Kong, Chiros often sends Ominous to fight Kong.
- Harpy (Susan Silo): She is Chrios' devoted servant and second in command. She is a female gargoyle-like demon. Unlike the rest of Chrios's gargoyle army, she appears more human and is able to think for herself, though she is completely devoted to Chrios' cause.
- Ominous (Clancy Brown): A demon who is Chiros' strongest warrior who is able to match even Kong in strength.
- Hunter Stag (Troy Baker):
- Spike (Mark Archeson): Stag's pet ferocious Spinosaurus that has scars on his sail.
- Caltron (David Warner): An alien warlord who seeks to conquer Earth
- Howling Jack Crockett (Richard Epcar):
- Damos (Keith David): An African sage
- Tareq (Tara Strong): Lua's 10 yr old little brother who likes to cause trouble on Kong Island. Despite his immature behaviour, he can be reliable and loyal to his friends, especially Jason.
- Recko (John DiMaggio): A Tyrannosaurus Rex and Tareq's best friend. Recko always wanted to be King of the island until Kong came and their feud is born and states that no touches kong but him on the island.
Animals of Kong IslandEdit
- Wooly Mammoth
- Terror Bird
- Cave Bear
There are 13 Primal Stones, Now 13 had their names revealed. These were the mystic stones that kept the demon, Chiros locked in his imprisonment. The Primal Stones that are mentioned and/or used are:
- Primal Stone of Earth -
- Primal Stone of Air -
- Primal Stone of Fire -
- Primal Stone of Water -
- Primal Stone of Thunder -
- Primal Stone of Stones -
- Primal Stone of Infinity -
- Primal Stone of Time -
- Primal Stone of Antimatter -
- Primal Stone of Soul -
- Primal Stone of Life and Death -
- Primal Stone of Eternity -
- Primal Stone of Power -
- Jungle Fury, Part 1: Kong and his other prehistoric creatures live together peacfuily until one day Ramon De La Porta along with Hunter Stag lll came and Collect Prehistoric Animals To a new zoo, its up to Kong and his friends to save the prehistoric animals from being transported to zoo.
- Jungle Fury, Part 2:
- Kong and T-Rex: Since Kong and T-Rex are both enemies Jason and Tareq (Lua's 10 Year old brother) Try to make Them best friends so they won't fight but they will not listen they were always grumpy to each other Jason convince to Kong that T-Rex is jealous of being him a king and Tareq convince to T-Rex that Kong needs to be a heros and Him Being a Hero. Then suddenly Hunter Stag lll's pet ferocious Spinosaurus Spike and grabs to Jason Jenkins and Tareq to eat them then Kong and T-Rex came to the rescue and they look at each other and agree to team up they push him agiants the Wall and Kong Grabs and Save Jason and T-Rex Grabs and Save Tareq and they work togeather to stop Spike from eating them. Kong and T-Rex Smile at each other and owns a victory shake and become friends well sometimes.
- The Lap of the Gods-Jason and the gang are in Greece where Ramon De La Porta has stolen an ancient amulet capable of freeing the Titans, with the help of the treacherous war god Ares. The gang team up with the other Olympians to defeat De La Porta.