in this third and final installment, Tony Stark finds himself facing his most powerful enemy yet when he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible for destroying his private world. Along the way, he discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: "Does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?"
May 3, 2013
- Robert Downey, Jr. - Tony Stark/Iron Man, has been having nightmares that his armors are attacking, and sets out on a quest to find those responsible for destroying his private world, and he realizes Anton Vanko realized that he learned of the Cosmic Cube through his partnership with Howard Stark, and sold him out to his Russian Comrades, in the end, Full Fill's his part of the prophecy and kisses Pepper!
- Gwyneth Paltrow - Pepper Potts, in the end, kisses Tony, and accepts Stark's proposal!
- Don Cheadle - Rhody Jones/War Machine, in the end, joins the Avengers!
- Michael Caine - Edwin Jarvis, Tony's human butler, who has left him ever since Tony created A.I. JARVIS (Just a Rather Very Intelligent System) and became a heroic celebrity, in the end, was killed by Mandarin trying to save Tony!
- Guy Pearce - Aldrich Killian, the tertiary antagonist, keeps Pepper alive so he can make her his future wife, he is the head of the Extremis project and Extremis virus, in the end, dissintagrates when affected by the virus!
- Rebecca Hall - Dr. Maya Hansen, an Extremis scientist, in the end, escapes with the secret files!
- James Badge Dale - Eric Savin, the secondary antagonist, wears the Iron Patriot outfit, in the end, gets killed by Mandarin!
- Jon Favreau - Happy Hogan, dies in the attack by Mandarin
- Ben Kingsley - Mandarin, the main antagonist and the leader of the 10 rings, he gains control of the United States, and has a Captain America tattoo on the back of his neck, which is unknown why, near the end, it is revealed that the reason why he has that tattoo and why he picked out the Iron Patriot armor and believing that there is no such thing as heroes, is because nothing stands in his way!, in the end, was sucked by Fin Fang Foom becoming his slace for all time!
- Ashley Hamilton - Jack Taggert/Firepower, was seen attacking a party attended by Tony Stark, though Tony testing out his Mark VIII armor
- Wang Xueqi - Chen Lu, a scientist kidnapped by Mandarin, in the end, returns to China!
- Paul Bettany - JARVIS, Tony's A.I., in the end, thanks Tony for naming him after his late butler!
- William Sadler - Sal Kennedy, met Tony in 1993, and was a long time friend of his and Maya, was S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, was killed when the Mandarin and the 10 rings attacked the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier
- Cobie Smulders - Maria Hill, the new director S.H.I.E.L.D., after Nick Fury with no letter or message, and wants to force Tony to register for S.H.I.E.L.D., in the end, arrests Firepower!
- Stephanie Szostak - Janet Van Dyne, she was seducing Tony with scars on his forehead, in the end, was knocked out by Pepper!
- John Slattery - Howard Stark, was killed in a car accident by the Winter Soldier, which was orcastrated by Roxxon Oil
- Kyra Sedgwick - Maria Stark, was killed in a car accident with her husband by the Winter Soldier, which was orcastrated by Roxxon Oil
- Sebastian Stan - Winter Soldier, seen in a flashback shooting a tire on a car Howard and Maria are driving
- Michael Caine uses his Alfred Pennyworth tone on Edwin Jarvis.
- This will be Robert Downey, Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow's final times as Tony Stark and Pepper Potts.
- The mid-credits of Dr. Lu becoming Radioactive Man leads to Ant-Man, while the post credits of Winter Soldier finding out about the Tessaract lead to Captain America: The Winter Soldier.