Beware the Boney Giant (Japanese: ボニー巨人に注意してください Bonī Kyojin ni chūi shite kudasai) is the eighteenth episode of the first season of Scooby-Doo: The Next Mystery.
A giant skeleton monster called the Gashadokuro is terrorizing Tokyo and has kidnapped Mishi and Shimagura.
The episode begins
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Naomi Kusumi as Scooby-Doo
- Toshiharu Sakurai as Shaggy Rogers
- TBA as Moshu
- TBA as Shimagura
- TBA as Mishi
- Naoki Tatsuta as Scrappy-Doo
- TBA as Nigamora
- TBA as Ashiyama
- TBA as Koma
- TBA as Siba
- TBA as Rita
- TBA as Sergeant Otonato
- TBA as Bruno
- Frank Welker as Scooby-Doo
- Matthew Lillard as Shaggy Rogers
- Benjamin Diskin as Moshu
- Gwendoline Yeo as Shimagura
- Colleen O'Shaughnessey as Mishi, Siba
- Scott Innes as Scrappy-Doo
- Kari Wahlgren as Nigamora, Koma
- Rob Paulsen as Thomas
- Clancy Brown as Gashadokuro
- Janice Kawaye as Ashiyama
- Tara Strong as Rita
- Robert Costanzo as Sergeant Otonato
- Maurice LaMarche as Bruno
|Spooky Scary Skeletons||Andrew Gold|
- The Gashadokuro is a homage to Rito Revolto from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
- The Skeleton Dance is referenced in this episode when Shaggy and Scooby distracted the Gashadokuro.
- In Japanese mythology the Gashadokuro is said to be fifteen times the size of a regular human being. But in this episode the Gashadokuro can grow to giant size and shrink to human size at will.
- Shimagura dresses up as a veiled harem girl, Mishi as a surgical-masked hospital nurse, Moshu as Megaman, Scooby the superhero, Scrappy the pirate, Shaggy the Native American, and Nigamora as a cat. Also, Ashiyama, Siba, and Koba dress up as vampires.
- Fans consider this the first appearance of Scooby's superhero alter-ego Lightning Dog, but this is considered wrong as the costume Scooby wears is actually an early design for Lightning Dog.
- The voice Clancy Brown used for Gashadokuro is the same one he used for Dogpound from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.